Thursday, October 15, 2009

Inflicting the Tatting Bug on yet another Victim :)


This past Monday I met up with two ladies for lunch and a little tatting lesson. One of the ladies I have taught to tat a couple of years ago but she was interested in learning the split ring. The other lady is a newbie.. I have to admit I think she might have been the fastest lady I had pick up on the flip. We sat at a diner for an hour and a half - tatting over coffee and o.j. for me. By the time we left, my veteran tatter had the split ring figured out and since our lesson has made a bookmark using split rings. My newbie on the other hand, had made 4 rings and chains... also having the rings joined together.. I was impressed.. We are meeting again on Monday. Also Monday, we are planning a road trip to the Country Closet in Reinbeck, Iowa is search of some new supplies!!! Lizbeth thread... sew mate shuttles... books... the possibilities are endless...
The photo I added is of a bookmark I made for my daughter's teacher. It is tatted in Lizbeth 20 thread - red burst I believe the name was... The pattern is out of Tatting Miscellany. The Ric Ric Bookmark, instead of the ribbon I tatted a short end and attached it with a chain...
Until next time... Happy Tatting...

4 comments:

  1. Love that bookmark. the pattern works well with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krystle! That pattern works up so quickly.. I really enjoy it. My daughter took the bookmark to school today and I got a very nice Thank You card from her teacher...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice pattern! I've got some Lizbeth Redburst and haven't used it yet. It's good to see it tatted up, thanks for the "demo", LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pattern is this? I would love to make some

    ReplyDelete