Sunday, February 1, 2009

Motifs 7 & 8





Hello Everyone! I don't know about everyone else but I am ready for spring! Here in Iowa we have had a beautiful day yesterday and today is starting out just as nice. I am so tired of the sub-zero temps and wind chills. I know we are not out of the woods yet with those days but what a nice break this weekend!
As for my 25 motif challenge, I have finished a couple more. # 7 was a fun pattern to do, something I have always overlooked in the book. This is the "Backchat" pattern from Mary Konior's "Tatting Patterns" book. The thread I used for this pattern in HH Lizbeth size 20, color 123. I really love the color. I am going to try this pattern again and hook two of them together to make it in a circle. Then the motif I used for my #8 is the cross pattern out of the same book. The same I had in an earlier post. A co-worker of mine, mother passed away. I will be putting this in her sympathy card. This cross was tatted in Opera size 30, color is an off white, I couldn't see a number on the tag.
I need to start planning and lining up projects to make for a Christmas Open House event in November.. I know it seems like a long time from now but once the weather straightens out I don't have as much time to tat. Any suggestions would be great.. hint hint ;-)
Until next time... Happy Tatting!

2 comments:

  1. LOve the top motif. I wish I had Mary Konior's "Tatting Patterns" book. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Your work is beautiful. I know want you mean about the weather. I have had enough of snow and cold temps.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete